Discussion Forums  >  BT.com Website, Account Questions

Replies: 18    Views: 1174

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
07/11/17 08:51 PM (6 years ago)

Plugin Market Now Available

The plugin market is back! Many of you have been wondering what has been happening with Buzztouch since Kristen took over. I know there's been some growing pains, and not having a plugin market was one of those. Rest assured, we have not forgotten about you, our community. There has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes to make sure everyone has a good user experience here at Buzztouch. As many of you know, the plugin market has been both a blessing and curse from the beginning. When it was originally created, the market was a way for developers to give back to the community and make a small amount of money in the process. However, it quickly became unmanageable. Each time Apple or Google updated their OS, plugins would inevitably break. Many plugins became abandoned by the developer, leaving anyone who purchased the plugin with an app that would no longer work. As a result, we have been putting a lot of thought into how best to make use of the market. Going forward, all plugins available for purchase on the market will be Buzztouch owned and managed. This means we can have tighter control to make sure all plugins you purchase work. If you're a developer, you can still create a custom plugin for your own projects. You just won't be able to sell it to others on the market. We know this might be frustrating, but it's the best way to ensure plugins on the market stay updated. If you're an app creator and the plugins that are available just don't cut it, never fear. We will be offering custom solutions for you. Simply send us your request and we will give you a reasonable quote for creating a custom plugin for your projects. And what about all those plugins you purchased a year ago that are no longer available on the market? Don't worry. They are still available to you in your app control panels. We can't promise that they work with the latest Buzztouch base project code, but for your apps that were previously compiled you can continue to make changes to the control panel and push them out to your live apps. And stay tuned for more updates to the market. What is available now is a small listing representing the plugins we have tested and updated for Buzztouch 4.0 projects. We will continue updating the popular plugins that were previously available for sale on the market. And, as always, if you run into problems with a Buzztouch project, please post an issue report using the link on the side menu at the top of this page. (Or, go to https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/bugreport.php to report your issue). Thanks! Chris

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/11/17 10:06 PM (6 years ago)
Great work Chris/Kristen/David/Everyone!! I completely understand the unmanageability; it's like herding cats :) The inevitable question would be "Is there an official Buzztouch opinion on Third Party plugin sales? Would BT developers be allowed to create and market their own products on their own websites?" Cheers! -- Smug

miku
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 20, 2014
zagorje ob savi
07/11/17 10:35 PM (6 years ago)
Chris, can you tell when other your plugins be available? I need QR Reader and hardly wait for it.

Worker73
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 06, 2012
Austria, Klagen...
07/12/17 12:38 AM (6 years ago)
YAY! Thanks for the Work.. I Hope the other PlugIns are following in the near Future...

Caped Crusader
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 17, 2012
London
07/12/17 02:05 AM (6 years ago)
Thanks Chris. Good to see Plugin market open for business.

fusionsch
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 28, 2010
Montreux Switze...
07/12/17 06:43 AM (6 years ago)
Congratulations, guys!

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 22, 2012
Perth, Australi...
07/12/17 08:59 AM (6 years ago)
Great work Chris !!! To answer a couple of questions above, @Smug, yes you will be able to develop and sell plugins through your own sites etc, we happy to even promote you in the future. We (BT) will offer custom app development and if we are unable to keep up wiht demand we will look at developers like you to contract to as well. The main difference now is that we will not sell or support plugins that are not developed by us . @miku & @Worker73 of course we plan to continue releasing more plugins as soon as they are ready for the market, thankfully some previous developers and kindly donated their plugins to us for us to update and maintain and get them back in the market. We will try to post an update every time a new plugin is available. Another point is that is an option for developers, if you have a plugin that you have made and think would be useful to most BT users, let us know and we could look at purchasing it from you, pricing will be based on a case by case basis. As usual, we welcome positive constructive feedback, we continue to work towards a solution that is best in class. But bear with us as we try figure out exactly what that is and get is made :)

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
07/12/17 10:20 AM (6 years ago)
Great update. Thanks all at BT. Keep it coming.

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
07/12/17 10:28 AM (6 years ago)
Will time be spent converting iOS only plugins that BT have taken over management and also adding an android equivalent (where possible)? For example: carousel plugin. I understand that its not probably possible for the XIB plugin because XIB is xcode specific (i believe). Also, can you combine the ultimate screen creator plugins to 1 plugin? that way we can use one plugin and create ios and android versions of our app when this plugin is used. at the moment, if we use that plugin, we need to create 2 versions of the app.

miku
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 20, 2014
zagorje ob savi
07/12/17 10:38 AM (6 years ago)
Do plugins, which are now available for purchase (8 of them at the moment), work OK on self-hosted too, or only BT server?

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
07/12/17 11:13 AM (6 years ago)
We will be converting to work on both iOS and Android where it makes sense. Right now the focus is on Buzztouch.com. They likely will still work on self-hosted, but I can't guarantee that.

Chris from Staffor...
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 14, 2013
Stafford
07/12/17 11:32 AM (6 years ago)
YouTubeStreamer by Atrain53 was a great plugin for adding videos into your app. One really worth adding back as it no longer works & I for one really miss it Good to see the plug in market starting to come back.

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
07/12/17 03:53 PM (6 years ago)
Superb, great news. Now we just need the Mosaic Plugin native and we are happy campers.

Tony @ Buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 05, 2011
Saint Louis, Mi...
07/13/17 07:29 PM (6 years ago)
Welcome back!

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
07/15/17 05:11 PM (6 years ago)
Glad the plugin market is back although many of the plugins I typically use are missing and therefore I still can't update my apps... a process I've been putting off for over six months now. Can we request certain plugins to come back? Such as the "add to favorites" plugin? Also, any word on your search plugin??? And can we submit ideas for new plugins once the [good] old ones are updated and brought back?

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
07/26/17 11:02 AM (6 years ago)
Any updates on when other plugins will be released? Nothing new in two weeks. Still waiting on search plugin...

kjetil
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 22, 2011
oslo
07/26/17 01:55 PM (6 years ago)
I would like to buy the "Menu image advanced" plugin, but it is not possible to add market credit, so I can not buy it. Do anyone know when this will be possible?

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
07/30/17 07:24 AM (6 years ago)
This is now available

Caped Crusader
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 17, 2012
London
09/04/17 07:52 AM (6 years ago)
I have tried the Mosaic plugin in BT3. It is the best plugin in my opinion. Will the new BT4 version work with the Slide Menu View plugin?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.