Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 2    Views: 112

JimmySaver
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 09, 2012
location unknow...
10/18/13 05:34 AM (10 years ago)

Calling a local file in a customURL doc (Android)

My, I'm making a nuisance of myself in this particular area of the forum this week, apologies. This could be filed under "stupid questions with an obvious answer" but there isn't a section for that in the forums... Is it possible to call a local HTML file in a customURL screen (in Android in particular, though I imagine it makes sense across both platforms)? That is, in a customURL, I might want to call "http://example.com/thisfile.html" which would call nicely from my example.com server. Can I, instead, call "thisfile.html" (or even file:///android_assets/BT_docs/thisfile.html) where the file is in my project, in the correct place? Ta!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
10/18/13 05:07 PM (10 years ago)
Sorry; CustomURL is only that; a URL. No Local File. The options are HTML Doc and Custom HTML, and of Chris1's HTML Pro. Was there a particular feature you wanted? Cheers! -- Smug

JimmySaver
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 09, 2012
location unknow...
10/19/13 08:41 AM (10 years ago)
Hey Smug - this is aligned to my other posts this week and the issue of calling a series of sounds in a HTML doc. My HTML doc loads fine from a URL on my server but not when stored locally and using a HTML doc screen. I thought the answer would be as above, but worth a try none the less! Thanks for your time.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.