Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 9    Views: 227

Shorewalk
Lost but trying
Reg: Nov 06, 2012
location unknow...
07/24/14 02:33 AM (9 years ago)

Where to find coordinates in Eclipse?

I made an iOS app with many coordinates on the map. I now make a totaly new app for Android and would like to copy over the coordinates (longitude _latitude) from my iOS app in the appropriate place in Eclipse. Where can I find the coordinates in Eclipse?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/24/14 03:58 AM (9 years ago)
Not sure if I completely understand. With respect to locations within the plugin, it's all pretty much the same whether iOS or Android. If you mean your emulator 'test location', then take a look at this image; it will give you the basics. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115208762/ddmscoordinates.png If you're having problems locating 'DDMS', go to your Eclipse Menu... Window --> Open Perspective --> DDMS Cheers! -- Smug

Shorewalk
Lost but trying
location unknow...
07/24/14 05:01 AM (9 years ago)
I want to copy all my coordinates (latidtude / longitude) from my iOS app ... where to find the data ... I have tried to search in the BT-folders but have not find it yet.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
07/24/14 06:29 AM (9 years ago)
App Data is typically located in your BT_config.txt file. It will be the same config file used in both Android and iOS. Cheers! -- Smug

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
07/24/14 06:32 AM (9 years ago)
You put the coordinates into the Map plugin screen on the Control Panel. Your Android app and the iOS app will automatically use the same coordinates. Are you using any iOS-only plugins? If yes, then the app won't run on Android. You will have to switch to a dual-use plugin or delete that particular set of screens from your project. -- Niraj

Shorewalk
Lost but trying
location unknow...
07/24/14 07:19 AM (9 years ago)
I have rebuilt the app so it would fit better for Android. My idea was to copy the data ((latitude/longitude) from my first app to my new without doing the work all over again. In the BT config.txt file, I can only find my first map coordinate, although I have put out over 30 on my map. Is the data somewhere else or do I have to put in the data in the map plugin again?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
07/24/14 07:36 AM (9 years ago)
ALL of the information that you have entered into the Control Panel, will be in your BT_Config.txt file. I'm willing to bet, that the BT_config.txt file that you're looking at was created the app was first downloaded. I'm also willing to bet, that the 30 locations you entered into your control panel, will be found in the 'current' BT_config.txt file, which can be found in your app control panel. If you're self hosted, look for "JSON Data" as a selection, along with screens, layout, core, etc... If you're BT Hosted, look for "Configuration Data" instead. Be sure to utilize JSONLint.com, it will make the visuals a lot easier to deal with. Cheers! -- Smug

Shorewalk
Lost but trying
location unknow...
07/24/14 07:38 AM (9 years ago)
Ok, I found the coordinates when I downloaded my first app in the Android format. Thanks for that... I'm a bit confused because in my new app it won't show up in the same way when i create a new map with "pins" ( I can only find my first map coordinate, although I have put out over 30 on my map) Hmmm.?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
07/24/14 08:01 AM (9 years ago)
The way it works is, you'll download your app 'package' from the BT Control Panel. And you build and test, test and build. All the while, as you make changes in your control panel, those changes are fed down to your app *cache*, not the app bundle. You have probably seen the little dialog 'the app has changed, would you like to update?' or something similar. What happens is, it will download a new version of the BT_Config.txt file from the control panel into your *cache*. You'll never see it in the app. It doesn't update any of the code or BT config *in your app*. Only in the cache. So if you still see 30 locations on your map, it's because the latest version of your BT_config.txt file has been downloaded to your app *cache*. You can view this file by looking at your control panel JSON/Configuration Data, as I explained above. Hope this helps, but let me know if you still have questions :) Cheers! -- Smug

Shorewalk
Lost but trying
location unknow...
07/24/14 08:04 AM (9 years ago)
Ok Thanks for the help.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.