Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 3    Views: 143

asmina
Android Fan
Reg: Mar 12, 2013
chlef
05/03/13 12:19 PM (11 years ago)

new google play TOS , autorefresh not allowed

hello i have noticed that Google Play developer has changed its TOS , now the autorefresh is not allowed anymore , though i dont know how to disable it on my apps. anybody have an idea please? thanks ____________________ Google Play content policies have been updated. See “Content Policies” section, which clarifies that “An app downloaded from Google Play may not modify, replace or update its own APK binary code using any method other than Google Play's update mechanism.” Google Play is a trusted source for Android application downloads, and we are committed to providing a secure and consistent experience. ____________________

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
05/03/13 12:25 PM (11 years ago)
Could you please be more specific? Recently there was a change in their TOS which states that “an app downloaded from Google Play may not modify, replace or update its own APK binary code using any method other than Google Play’s update mechanism.” That is not autorefresh that we have in the Buzztouch system, so we should not be worried. There were several threads about it already and the consensus was that we here at BT are OK. Or is it something entirely new that we haven't seen as yet, so could you please be more specific about the change in Google Play TOS that you have spotted!?

asmina
Android Fan
Reg: Mar 12, 2013
chlef
05/03/13 12:32 PM (11 years ago)
i think it is same as you said. but i have just noticed it on my developer console couple days ago. thank you

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
05/03/13 04:31 PM (11 years ago)
I think what it is saying is: You can not have your app download from the store, then when the user launches your app, the app installs another app (apk binary) from another server (not from the market). I think this is to prevent apps from carrying viruses, because if the virus is not included with the package file, Google can not stop it from entering the store. Oh well, this is just my two sense. Jake

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.