Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 3    Views: 103

cmdeveloper
Code is Art
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Miami
03/07/13 02:48 PM (11 years ago)

Configuration data URL removal, no way of getting the app back online?

Hello, pardon my ignorance but I have removed the config data URL from the control panel of one of my apps hoping that it would get rid of the refresh button on the primary screen one always sees in a Buzztouch created app, it did the job but as I was editing and adding new features it would not show the changes on my iPhone simulator. I later found out that once the config data URL is removed it is permanently taken offline and to see new added features in real time I would have to redownload the source code again as an updated version and work on it in Xcode. Is there a workaround to take the primary app xcode project back online?

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
03/07/13 04:16 PM (11 years ago)
Sure - just go to your control panel, select the "Core Properties" for the app, and find the section "Configuration Data URL". Copy that value and paste it into the "dataURL" property in your current XCode project. Also, on the "Core Properties", find the section "Report to Cloud URL". Copy that value and paste it into your Xcode project in the "reportToCloudURL" property.

cmdeveloper
Code is Art
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Miami
03/07/13 05:34 PM (11 years ago)
Thank you chris1, but this does not seem to be working. I copy the dataURL from the bt control panel onto my Xcode project BT_config.txt and my Report to Cloud URL but my app still does not seem to go live and the refresh button on the top still does not appear. I've initially removed the configuration data URL from the bt control panel and saved the changes when I wanted to get rid of the refresh button, and had a copy of the link saved up just in case. Pasting this URL back to the bt control panel when I noticed something was wrong didn't do anything. I had no idea that I would be dealing with sensitive data when it came to the configuration data URL and its proving to be difficult to get it back online. What other remedy is there to fix this problem? Edit: I FIXED IT! There were 2 apps of the same thing on my app simulator I dont know why, but when I checked the duplicate app it was showing the changes. Thank you!

WolfTimJ
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 20, 2011
Rockwall, TX
03/07/13 06:57 PM (11 years ago)
The simulator works just like a phone....

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.