Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 2    Views: 220

Shorewalk
Lost but trying
Reg: Nov 06, 2012
location unknow...
05/04/14 12:20 AM (9 years ago)

Map Android project

I just cant get the Google map (plugin: location Map) on Android to work. Lots of errors in BT_screen_map.java. In iOS it worked so smooth and easy. I have the latest SDK and I am building a "testmap" to see if I can get the map working. I have followed Mark Flemings great video on Yoytube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGC9IuEMwBE, goone trough the Google documentation (and steps to create API) and read the documentation followed by the plugin. What I understand there has been changes where to put the API, building target and so on. And the documentation isn´t up to date? I have tested a lot of options but at this point I just dont know what to do. Does anyone have a step by step on how to get the map working. I bit like Marks in the video: 1.Import your project 2. Ensure... 3.Get Google...

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
05/04/14 04:28 PM (9 years ago)
Hey @Shorewalk, First question I have...are you testing this on a real device, or using the Emulator? Because it simply won't work on the Emulator because of the lack of Google Play Services. I'll also assume that you have your BT v3 project loaded with the Google Play Services library and stuff? And that you have your API key from the Google Developer Console? Mark

Shorewalk
Lost but trying
Reg: Nov 06, 2012
location unknow...
05/05/14 01:17 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Mark Thanks for the reply. Yes to all of your questions. I have also gone through a couple videos on Youtube (Google map v2 ), some good stuff... My feeling is that I am doing the steps correct... In which part of the process should the warnings disapear in Bt screen map.java?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.