Discussion Forums  >  Buzztouch News and Announcements

Replies: 14    Views: 1342

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
06/16/17 11:01 AM (6 years ago)

Buzztouch 4.0.3 - iOS and Android

Use this thread to discuss issues with the Buzztouch Core for iOS and Android 4.0.3. All control panels have been updated and the download app process will now use 4.0.3.

devapps123
Apple Fan
Reg: Jul 12, 2012
Sarasota, FL
06/18/17 05:00 PM (6 years ago)
I cannot download the Android package from the self-hosted panel. Please see the thread here: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?fid=92A5C63BFD5A3879ACEBB6C&tid=92A5C63BFD5A3879ACEBB6C

Chris from Staffor...
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 14, 2013
Stafford
06/20/17 01:18 PM (6 years ago)
The Android Package downloads don't work ! No top menu - backgrounds the wrong colour etc etc I think for what we pay we should get something that works I'm getting very frustrated as Buzztouch just does not seem to work anymore

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
06/22/17 05:45 AM (6 years ago)
I have done a little testing on Android - all of these observations are based on downloading a new build today and are all Core. I've tried to provide enough information for others to reproduce the problem. It would be nice for others to compare/ contrast, especially bug 4, which seems to vary across devices. 1) I downloaded a project - the first thing I noticed is when I try to load the app into Android Studio a warning thrown up by Android Studio: Sync Android SDK's The path /Users/christopherruddell/Library/Admdroid/sdk does not belong to a directory Use this SDK instead [OK] Conclusion: The Android released core needs to be updated for the release platform. 2) Android Gradle Plugin Update Whenever I download a BT project I am invited to update the Android Gradle Plugin and Gradle version to the latest. I always update. Conclusion: Not sure - is the core specifying older versions? 3) Another long standing problem from February is that if you are using tab layout, the tab icons, (e.g. bt_house.png) supplied in the project, are not displayed. Conclusion: definite bug. 4) There is a long standing problem from February is that still exists, which prevents the display of the core menu with 'Close, Quit App and most importantly to me, Refresh all Data' with a non-tabbed layout. This bug has other side-effects: a) prevents display of a BT context menu. c) The navbar disappears. d) One device this bug even stops my test app navigation working - if I click on a menu item I just get a black screen (Sony Xperia only). If you do use tabs, you can always get to that menu, the app works and all is good. A bit more information: I have three test devices - A Sony, an HTC and A Tesco Hudl. On the Tesco Hudl, when not using tabs, the navbar is not shown and you cannot see a menu icon. On the Sony, when not using tabs, the navbar is shown, but no menu icon. Furthermore, if I click on a menu item I just get a black screen, so the bug is affecting something else. On the HTC, when not using tabs, the navbar is not shown. But, the HTC has a dedicated button that launches the affected menus directly, which appears as a screen pop up, so this bug is not such a problem on this device. Conclusion: If you don't use tabs, you simply can't make a an app that can be released. I believe the majority of people do not use tab layouts, so it is a big problem. IMHO, a showstopper. 5) Backgrounds & refresh behaves oddly If I try to use a background image, (size 320 * 568, png), I see very strange effects. For this test I am changing the background Image Scale/Position setting. Then I use refresh all data on the device. In all cases, when I use refresh, the background disappears immediately. However, if the device sleeps, when you wake it, the background is there. I've tried this on all my devices with the same results. Conclusion - refresh doesn't refresh everything. Backgrounds need fixing. Testing is very time consuming and I think that's enough for the time being, I need to be looking at other stuff too. I think it would be appreciated by everybody if we could see some feedback on the bugs as they are reported please.

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
06/24/17 06:28 AM (6 years ago)
Thanks Alan - that's a very detailed response that will make it much easier for me to address issues. I'm thinking it would be good to have a formal bug reporting system for people to submit issues as well.

Chris from Staffor...
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 14, 2013
Stafford
07/03/17 10:53 AM (6 years ago)
Android still doesn't work

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
07/03/17 02:15 PM (6 years ago)
Chris, you posted in another forum for plugins http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?fid=A29BA604F7D8E5475ABEC28&tid=A29BA604F7D8E5475ABEC28 that you have rolled out an update. Could you advise if you have made any changes that address the core issues I logged above please? Thanks, Alan

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
07/07/17 05:36 AM (6 years ago)
I can confirm the tabbed menu works and the non tabbed menu also works as of today, on my Sony device. Bugs 1 - 4 listed by me above are resolved. Thanks Chris.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
07/07/17 05:39 AM (6 years ago)
Btw, I noticed when testing that the tabbed menu does not show icons on Android . The apple version does. Is that a bug or is it by design?

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
07/07/17 06:03 AM (6 years ago)
With regard to tab bar icons - that is a design decision in my mind. The standard for Android tabs is to only show text, no icons.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
07/09/17 09:09 AM (6 years ago)
hi guys is this the bug report page, im just starting in studio, as i couldn't get it to work before due to all the errors, so i thought i would wait till some of the bugs have been fixed, im getting these errors on run. Error:(170, 43) error: cannot find symbol variable layout Error:(220, 70) error: cannot find symbol variable tableButtonLayout Error:(226, 87) error: cannot find symbol variable headerImageContainer Error:(236, 66) error: cannot find symbol variable headerImageView Error:Execution failed for task ':app:compileDebugJavaWithJavac'. > Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details. on these lines View thisScreensView = inflater.inflate(layout.amg_screen_menubuttons, container, false); tableButtonLayout = (TableLayout) thisScreensView.findViewById(R.id.tableButtonLayout); LinearLayout headerImageContainer = (LinearLayout) thisScreensView.findViewById(R.id.headerImageContainer); headerImageView = (ImageView) thisScreensView.findViewById(R.id.headerImageView); Thanks Sean

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
07/09/17 09:50 AM (6 years ago)
See the link on the side menu at the top left of the page

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
07/09/17 01:14 PM (6 years ago)
thanks chris :)

BreezeCourier
Apple Fan
Reg: Jun 21, 2012
Taylorville, IL
09/25/17 05:34 PM (6 years ago)
Hello all! I built my app back in late 2012 and haven't had to recompile since uploading to the app store...until now. We are getting the message that the app will no longer work once users update to iOS 11, which we expect they are doing pretty promptly. I'm using a several Custom URL screens, Menu Simple, Splash Screen, and some PDF Doc's. Nothing fancy at all. I assumed I would just need to export it again and recompile for iOS. I've exported and have it open in Xcode Version 8.3.3 but i'm getting 138 warnings about deprecations and i can't seem to get it to function in the simulator. I'm just getting a black screen. The app actively functions on my iPhone 7+ with iOS 10.3.3, but i do get warnings that it may cause slowness and won't work with iOS 11. The simulator i'm using is iPhone 7 Plus (10.1). What can I do to get this cleaned up, working and resubmitted quickly?

MrT
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 21, 2013
Dallas
11/14/17 03:16 PM (6 years ago)
post deleted and moved to "xcode errors" forum.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.