Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 4    Views: 158

fannar
Lost but trying
Reg: Aug 09, 2013
Kópavogur
08/10/13 11:17 PM (10 years ago)

How can I make this idea into reality?

This is the idea I want to make happen: (Basics) I live in a small country so the gas prices are viewable for every gas stations in my country online. I want to create an app that tells me where it is cheapest to buy gas using the information that is viewable online. I just want my home screen to tell me where it is cheapest to buy gas within a decided radius fx: 5km, 10km, 25km and so on. I want that to be a option so users can decide the radius themselves. (Extras) Some gas stations offer you to have a ,,key" that gives you a certain discount, is it possible to make 2 outcomes come from the search fx: One user wants to see the cheapest gas within a 5km radius, the user does not have the discount key. Another user wants to see the cheapest gas within a 15km radius, this user, does have the discount key. Is all this possible with Buzztouch? If so, please tell me, and if you don't understand my idea please comment on here so I can try to explain it better! Best wishes, Fannar Bollason

Rishav
Code is Art
Reg: Jan 26, 2012
Dubai
08/11/13 03:49 AM (10 years ago)
This is possible but will require some coding on the app side and most on the server side(PHP) where the server will take inputs like Geo co-ordinates and radius of search and then output the result in json form.

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
08/11/13 06:02 AM (10 years ago)
Does the online listing have an API you can use?

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
08/11/13 07:10 AM (10 years ago)
Is this possible with Buzztouch? There are two answers: 1) No, it is not possible out of the box. You will not be able to hack your way through a maze of menus and have a highly specialized app like this out of the box. 2) Yes, it is possible if you want to pay a developer to wite the missing parts -- Buzztouch gives you the shell of an app, but somebody else has to fill in the details that differentiates one app from another. 3) Yes, it is possible in a cheaper way than under 2) above. Decide upon your platform, -- learn to make a bland buzztouch app, then -- learn about maps within an app and then -- study the document from this link: <a href="https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/Posting_Current_Location_to_a_Database_v1.0.pdf" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/Posting_Current_Location_to_a_Database_v1.0.pdf</a> If someone can chime in, Smug has posted a while ago his solution for maps in a forum, but I cannot recollect the link right now. If all of that is over your head -- PHP, SQL and all -- refer to 2) above! Should you dive in, anyways!? Calculate the answer for yourself: if you are able to save at least 3-400 dollars on gas using your own app, then go for it as a business. You pay the costs of developping an app, have it done professionally and fast, and then rip the benefits. If you can justify it for yourself, many others will be able to justify it for themselves as well, which means you have a business. Otherwise, you can always take this on as a hobby, and develop while you learn about buzztouch and coding in general.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
08/11/13 07:11 AM (10 years ago)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.