sarahk
Code is Art
Reg: Jul 16, 2014
Auckland
01/28/16 05:23 AM (8 years ago)

Where do I find the error log/output console?

I've got the ios version of an app running and now I'm trying to get the android done. It's a slightly different version of an app that I've got installed on my client's phones but one of the plugins has changed so we need to start over. When I run in the simulator I get a message that there is a problem with the configuration data and to check the output console simulator: https://cldup.com/nkMnQFxWsq-1200x1200.png output: https://cldup.com/6Sm-pb2Pik-1200x1200.png If I run the app in bluestacks I get a blank screen with the icon at the top. I've got aLogCat running but it's not picking up anything. Next step is to put it on a phone and see if aLogCat picks up something there but I'd like to leave that as a last resort. edit: I just found this null java.lang.NullPointerException at com.android.tools.idea.run.AndroidSessionInfo.isEmbeddable(AndroidSessionInfo.java:62) at com.android.tools.idea.run.AndroidRunConfigurationBase.getOldSessionTarget(AndroidRunConfigurationBase.java:307) at com.android.tools.idea.run.AndroidRunConfigurationBase.getState(AndroidRunConfigurationBase.java:279) at com.intellij.execution.runners.ExecutionEnvironment.getState(ExecutionEnvironment.java:201) at com.intellij.execution.runners.BaseProgramRunner.execute(BaseProgramRunner.java:58) at com.intellij.execution.runners.GenericProgramRunner.execute(GenericProgramRunner.java:31) at com.intellij.execution.runners.BaseProgramRunner.execute(BaseProgramRunner.java:53) at com.intellij.execution.runners.GenericProgramRunner.execute(GenericProgramRunner.java:31) at com.intellij.execution.ProgramRunnerUtil.executeConfiguration(ProgramRunnerUtil.java:94) at com.intellij.execution.impl.ExecutionManagerImpl.start(ExecutionManagerImpl.java:396) at com.intellij.execution.impl.ExecutionManagerImpl.access$400(ExecutionManagerImpl.java:61) at com.intellij.execution.impl.ExecutionManagerImpl$5.run(ExecutionManagerImpl.java:384) at com.intellij.util.concurrency.QueueProcessor.runSafely(QueueProcessor.java:238) at com.intellij.util.Alarm$Request$1.run(Alarm.java:351) at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.LaterInvocator$FlushQueue.run(LaterInvocator.java:332) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:312) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:733) at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:694) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:692) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:703) at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.defaultDispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:734) at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue._dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:569) at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:382) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/28/16 08:14 AM (8 years ago)
Hello, Here's a video tutorial I did on using LogCat and Android Studio. Sounds like you may already know about it, but it's worth a review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayIR5a51Ohg Sometimes Studio gets disconnected from the emulator, which is why LogCat output doesn't show up. I just restart the emulator in those cases. There's not enough in what you posted above, unfortunately, for us to help debug. A description on what screen you were trying to load would be helpful. Also...you can create emulators in Android Studio and use those instead of Bluestacks. I've had better luck with that. Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.