Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
01/28/16 07:06 PM (8 years ago)

Android version of my app stopped loading HTML Docs with SSL

Hey everyone. The Android version of one of my apps stopped loading HTML Doc pages pointing to documents through a SSL. (https://). If I remove the "s" and refresh the app, The document loads. My SSL is still good. The documents load on my web browser and they all work in the iOS version of the app. It seems to be an Android thing. It worked fine until this morning. I haven't made any changes in the control panel. Any help would be appreciated. Android version 4.0 Sel Hosted 3.0

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/28/16 07:14 PM (8 years ago)
Hello! There's been another thread that has exposed an issue that we believe is related to an update in the Android System WebView app. I'm wondering if this is somehow related...since it seems to have occurred at roughly the same time. Are you able to run your app with LogCat enabled so you can see what the debug output is? Mark

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Upstate New Yor...
01/28/16 07:20 PM (8 years ago)
Hey Mark, I'm working on that now. It's been awhile since I've been in Eclipse. More important- how are you doing? Thanks Dave

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
01/28/16 07:24 PM (8 years ago)
Hey Dave, I'm doing well, thanks! Let me know what you discover in LogCat. And, of course, if you can do without the SSL link to the document, that's always a quick fix. Mark

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Upstate New Yor...
01/28/16 07:47 PM (8 years ago)
Looks like its not loading "The String" which looks like the page HTML Logcat without the SSL, it loads the entire page HTML 01-28 21:37:11.179: W/ZZ(635): SW_androidHTML: loadDataString 01-28 21:37:11.179: W/ZZ(635): The String: <!Doctype html><html><body bgcolor="#FFFFCC"><p class="p1" style="text-align: center"> <span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 28px">See reviews for this restaurant at the bottom of this page</span></p><br></br><p style="text-align: center"> <span style="font-size: 48px"><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif">Looks like we're in luck here!</span></span></p><p class="p1" style="text-align: center"> <br></br><p class="p2" style="text-align: center"> <span style="font-size: 48px"><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif">Just about everything here is gluten-free. Be sure to ask first though.</span></span></p><p class="p2"> <span style="font-size: 48px"><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif"><br /> </span></span></p><p class="p3"> <span style="font-size: 48px"><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif">Dole Whip Soft Serve Vanilla or Pineapple</span></span></p><p class="p3"> <span style="font-size: 48px"><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif">Pineapple Floats</span></span></p><p class="p3"> <span style="font-size: 48px"><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif">Dole Whip Soft Serve Swirl</span></span></p><p class="p3"> <span style="font-size: 48px"><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif">Soda Float</span></span></p><p class="p3"> <span style="font-size: 48px"><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif">Fresh Cut Pineapple Spear</span></span></p><p class="p3"> <span style="font-size: 48px"><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif">Chips (check ingredients)</span></span></p><p class="p3"> <span style="font-size: 48px"><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif">All of the regular soft drinks</span></span></p><br></br><p class="p1" style="text-align: center"> <span style="font-size: 48px"><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif">Gluten-free choices may change without notice.&nbsp;</span></span></p><br></br><p class="p8" style="text-align: center"> <span style="color: #f00"><span style="font-size: 48px"><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif">ALWAYS, ALWAYS ask to talk to the chef before ordering to be sure they can accommodate a gluten-free meal.</span></span></span></p><br></br><p class="p3" style="text-align: center"> <span style="font-size: 48px"><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif">Please tell us about your experience. Name&nbsp;</span></span><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 48px">the restaurant, your gluten-free choices,&nbsp;</span><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 48px">what you ate, changes in gluten free menu items, restaurant review, how was the service, etc.</span></p><br></br><p class="p1" style="text-align: center"> <span style="font-size: 48px"><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif"><a href="https://calypsokidmedia.com/your-review">Click Here To Submit A Review For Aloha Isle</a></span></span></p><br></br><br></br><p align="center" class="MsoNormal"> <u><span style="font-size: 36px"><span style="font-family: 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif">Aloha Isle Reviews</span></span></u></p><br></br><p align="center" class="MsoNormal"> <span style="font-size: 28px"><span style="font-family: trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif">9/24/13- I got the pineapple float... One word, AMAZING! - App user Andrea</span></span></p><br></br><p align="center" class="MsoNormal"> <span style="font-size: 28px"><span style="font-family: trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif">12/22/13- Pineapple Dole Whip Float!&nbsp; It tastes like biting into fresh pineapple but with a smooth texture.&nbsp; You can't miss it.&nbsp; BEST GF ITEM IN DISNEY!- App user Trish</span></span></p><br></br><p align="center" class="MsoNormal"> <span style="font-size:28px;"><span styl 01-28 21:37:11.199: W/ZZ(635): SW_androidHTML:onActivityCreated JSON itemId: "CFD13AACD1623C4BE562D1A" itemType: "SW_androidHTML" itemNickname: "aloha2" With the SSL, no HTML 01-28 21:30:06.979: W/ZZ(591): SW_androidHTML: loadDataString 01-28 21:30:06.979: W/ZZ(591): The String: 01-28 21:30:06.999: W/ZZ(591): SW_androidHTML:onActivityCreated JSON itemId: "65E858F1F2042F79DC5493C" itemType: "SW_androidHTML" itemNickname: "auntie gravity2"

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
01/28/16 08:34 PM (8 years ago)
Yep, The String appears to be the HTML code itself. Couple of things I would try: * Can you access the https link using the browser in your emulator/device? * Are there any other https pages in your app that aren't working? Mark

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Upstate New Yor...
01/28/16 09:02 PM (8 years ago)
Yes I can access the pages via https through chrome on the device. NONE of the pages load in the app unless I remove the SSL. I changed all 300 document locations to http and they load now. The one thing that I did notice though is that I have to refresh the app several times before the new configuration would load. Usually the Android version of this app would automatically ask to refresh by just changing data in the app. Dave

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
01/28/16 09:54 PM (8 years ago)
Hi Dave, There's something very amiss with Android lately. Personally, I think it's changes with the WebView on the Android side that's causing the issues. I know David is investigating at least one reported problem. That's odd about the app refresh. I've not heard of that happening before. I do know that the Design vs. Live mode doesn't seem to be working at the moment. Other than that, this is new behavior. Things are working now, though, correct? At least in one form or fashion? Mark

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/28/16 10:59 PM (8 years ago)
Lemme take a look. I know the guy who built that plugin. Can't guarantee a fix, but want to ensure it's not 'me'. Cheers! -- Smug

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/28/16 11:12 PM (8 years ago)
Well, I don't think I can help, but here's what's going on under the hood: 01) If you have both a localFilename and dataURL, the localFilename takes priority 02) If it's a localFilename, it copies it to cache, reads it from cache as a string, and loads it. 03) If it's a dataURL, it checks for a cached version, otherwise downloads it, and loads it. 04) If you choose persistent refresh, it will always download and load it. If it's a dataURL, it saves it as "<yourAppGuid>_screenData.html" and loads it from cache as a string. Honestly, I don't think it should ever actually 'load' a URL... it writes to cache, and then loads the cache into the webView. But I've snooped through the code, and nothing I've done has much to do with SSL or no SSL; it's all just a String to us... So if it worked last week, it should work this week. I'll keep my eyes open, and if I can find anything that will help the situation, I'll let you know. Cheers! -- Smug

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Upstate New Yor...
01/29/16 05:07 AM (8 years ago)
Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. I'm sure it's an Android thing. Smug- its definitely not the plugin because everything loads up fine when I change the doc location to http and not https. This app has been working fine using https for more than a year now. Definitely Android. Honostly, I'm not sure why I was using https just to load an HTML Doc anyway. There's no sensitive data there anyway. Oh well, live and learn Thanks again Dave

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.