Discussion Forums  >  iOS / Android Beta Testers

Replies: 5    Views: 266

techd
I hate code!
Reg: Sep 17, 2012
Cleveland
01/19/16 03:43 PM (8 years ago)

IOS Missing Plugin: The View Controller for this plugin was not compiled in the Xcode project.

This TransTec transmission app has been in the Apple store for a number of years with no problems but now when you click on Distributors, United States Distributors and then a pin in the map some users get this "Plugin not found?" error while others do not. I have not updated the app recently and have not uploaded a new xcode to the store in years. Anyone know if this is happening for them and any ideas on what to do to fix it? The one phone that had the problem was a 5s and one that it was working on is a 6 plus.

LeonG
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
Hamburg
01/19/16 03:50 PM (8 years ago)
in general it is not about a 5s or 6, it is more about which software version the devices are running. In addition to that It would not hurt to update the app once in a while, not a good idea to keep it as is for several years. Plugin not found is probably the "easiest" problem as it explains itself. If some users don't experience it they can only have a different version of the app in my eyes.

techd
I hate code!
Cleveland
01/19/16 05:16 PM (8 years ago)
I just figured out how they are getting this error. They are clicking on a map pin and then the arrow in a blue circle on the right of the address popup. On the old iOS devices it was a circle with and i. It still works on the old devices to open Apple maps. The new iOS gives the error. Can you give me an idea what I need to do to fix this. Thanks

LeonG
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
Hamburg
01/19/16 05:30 PM (8 years ago)
update the plugins, download the source code again, compile and resubmit the app to the App Store.

techd
I hate code!
Cleveland
01/19/16 05:47 PM (8 years ago)
Thanks LeonG i was hoping I would not have to reupload to Apple, that was along time ago and not sure if I remember how and if I still have my Apple key.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/20/16 03:17 PM (8 years ago)
Sent you some emails on this, Greg! Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.