Discussion Forums  >  Images, Documents, File Locations

Replies: 4    Views: 344

Malene
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 09, 2016
Belen, NM
01/10/16 11:15 AM (8 years ago)

Screens

Hello, So, I understand I have to make my own screens and buttons to insert into the app. And, I understand that different devices need different sizes. I have no clue what sizes are needed, if I should input all of them in the app and let the device choose etc etc etc? Where to start to get more information about this? For my first app I am starting with an android development as I only have my windows computer and android phone to work with.

Sherry
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 05, 2013
South Africa
01/10/16 02:13 PM (8 years ago)
Hi yeah this was a huge headache for me on my first Android app because I couldnt find much documentation online. There is an option on BT where you add the background where you can say fit to screen but in my case I couldnt use this because I had a round logo which was getting distored using fit to page so had to figure out my own sizes. I'll send you a Private Message with them on tomorrow as well as where I added them into android studio. if this can help great if not sorry. Regards Sherry

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
01/10/16 02:37 PM (8 years ago)
Search on YouTube for keywords such as buzztouch, from idea to finished app in one hour and so on. Invest a couple of days and the aha! moment will come.

Sherry
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 05, 2013
South Africa
01/11/16 06:58 AM (8 years ago)
Hi Malene I see your profile doesn't have private message enabled so please just send me one that I can reply on.

Malene
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 09, 2016
Belen, NM
01/13/16 04:30 PM (8 years ago)
Thanks Dusko and Sherry. I was figuring I would make my screen first an solid color, then on top make an picture of something, and mute it down. The top would be smaller than the solid color, so I can start with making several screens of various sizes the solid color, then it should be easy to superimpose the smaller image on top and not have it become distorted. Will email you Sherry, didnt know I needed to do that.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.