Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 3    Views: 94

javooooo
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Sydney, Austral...
07/10/13 05:05 AM (10 years ago)

Push HTML down to allow for header image

Hi guys, Well, after about 6 months, I'm back. Today I've been trying to set something up that uses a header image (set as the background image). I've applied a margin hard-coded into the button menu, by changing 'int top' and am looking for something similar that I can do with the HTML plugin. How can I push the content down the screen a bit to clear the header image? Putting in a bunch of spaces at the top of the HTML document does work, but isn't really the best solution imo. Cheers guys!

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
07/10/13 10:00 AM (10 years ago)
By "bunch of spaces" are you using the <br> tag? That's what I would use to move content down the page. You could also use some CSS and explicitly position a <div> on the page exactly where you want it. That should work as well. Mark

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
07/10/13 01:05 PM (10 years ago)
I created a plugin to do this actually a while back. It was a custom plugin for someone who then bailed on me without paying. Happy to sell you the code for cheap if you're self-hosted. Mine lets you set the header image in the control panel, just like you would with the Menu with Image plugin, and has a web view underneath, controlled by the same type of editor as the "Custom Text/HTML" plugin. Will sell for, say, $50?

javooooo
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Sydney, Austral...
07/10/13 02:36 PM (10 years ago)
GoNorthWest - I was just using <p> but <br> would have the same effect. Chris1 - definitely! Can you message me the details?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.