Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 1    Views: 102

JCGTS
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2013
McIntosh
07/11/13 06:52 PM (10 years ago)

Make app open in native browser

OK, I am tired of fighting with android, trying to make iframed videos play. After 2 months with no solution, I need to try something else. Is it possible to use a CustomURL plugin that will automatically open the androids native browser when the app is opened? I know you can show the button, but I need it to do it automatically. If the answer is yes, could you please be specific on how. Thanks so much.

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
07/11/13 06:57 PM (10 years ago)
Sorry to hear you're having such problems! For sure, iFrames can be problematic. But to answer your question, if you have a button doing the action you want, it's easy enough to force that action when the screen is loaded. Just copy the code for the button's click method and paste it in the onCreate method ... or even easier, just reference the button's method in onCreate. So, in this case, you would simply put this at the end of onCreate: handleLaunchInNativeAppButton(); I haven't tried it out, but theoretically it should work. If it doesn't work there, you may want to stick it in the onStart method.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.