Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 3    Views: 299

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
12/17/13 08:51 AM (10 years ago)

Add to Calendar

I would like to be able to have a button on an html page that links a displayed event on the page to a local calendar, both IOS and Android if I can. Or, I could have a separate screen that launches a form that the user populates that adds the event. The end result is I want to set up some kind of reminder from an the app. Any idea's anyone?

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
12/17/13 02:04 PM (10 years ago)
A public Google calendar is probably your quickest, easiest option for something that will be cross platform compatible. You could do this all with custom html screens and use some of the Google Calendar tools here to create events: https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/1186917?hl=en If you want something that works with the native calendar on each device it will need to be coded because iOS uses EventKit class and Android has it's own Calendar class. Are you on Self Hosted 3.0 yet? If so I have an EventKit plugin for iOS that I'd love to have tested out. I don't have any reminder features coded into it, but this will allow you to create and manage an event thru the BT control panel and then it offers the app user the ability to add the event to their default iOS calendar. Here's a quick demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZdvH8RJ_Nk

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
12/17/13 02:26 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks @Atrain53 Thanks for the feedback. I have looked into google calendar before, but I like the idea of your plugin. I like to think I am good at testing, I am self hosted with BT 3.0 and would be happy to test. Cheers, Alan

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
12/17/13 03:02 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks! PM sent! I still prefer a Google Calendar approach since it works for both devices and no coding. But the EventKit is a pretty fun class to tinker around with.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.