mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
11/23/15 03:00 PM (8 years ago)

Need some testers for my new Android app

I'm trying to make an Android version of a prehospital protocols app I initially developed for iOS. Here is the link on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ma-ems-statewide-protocols/id1050497298?mt=8 Anyways, I have no Android devices whatsoever so it is really difficult to test out the app. Specifically, the maps don't load and when I try to send an email or make a phone call it keeps saying there is no plugin installed (even though there ARE no plugins for sending emails or making phone calls. I've been chalking it up to it being on an emulator in Android Studio and not an actual device. Sooooo, would anyone be willing to check out the app for me? Specifically I am interested about the items in the context menu: - send feedback (email) - centers (only one now, but location map) - phone calls I'd greatly appreciate any help! Here is the link to the apk: https://www.dropbox.com/s/imjwynql3sn7mg2/maems-release.apk?dl=0 Josh

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/23/15 09:10 PM (8 years ago)
hmm... I can give it a shot. But having a couple of devices, I can say this: It shouldn't give you a 'no plugin' warning, it should give a warning that says something like 'the device is incapable of doing (whatever it is you're trying to do)'. And I could be wrong, but I think I can send email... I just can't text or call on the simulator... I've never been able to get maps to work in a simulator. Never. Even my offline maps don't work in the simulator, which is highly annoying, lol! You just have to have device. That said, our local gas station sells unlocked android phones for $50 and up... Or I'd check craigs list, and find something from the last year or so... dirt cheap, and who cares if you don't have a SIM for it. Regardless, let me know how I can help. Cheers! -- Smug

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
11/24/15 12:05 PM (8 years ago)
I didn't think it should give a "no plugin" warning, but there is no plugin for the call and send email functions, it is built into the BT code. So not sure why that is happening. I guess I'll try and pick up a cheap phone or send the apk to friends.

KozmoWeb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 08, 2012
Sarasota, FL
11/24/15 01:44 PM (8 years ago)
Have you seen the Android emulator called Andyroid? http://www.andyroid.net/ I used this to test some Android apk files before I got my cheepie devices. Give it a shot! I believe it creates a Virtual Box version of Android. Has come in very hand for me. I'll also try to look at the app on a real device for you this evening. Best, William

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.