Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 8    Views: 300

pdog
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 20, 2013
Kelowna, BC, Ca...
12/11/13 11:19 PM (10 years ago)

How to make my html screens look androidish?

I'm creating some html docs for use in my Android app, and plan to have the app mainly offline. Is there some choice of "themes" somewhere that I can enable for all the screens in my app including html doc screens? Or do I need to get some html/css package from somewhere and any suggestions for that and how to install to my app? I read about Holo Light/Dark themes on the Android developer forum but not sure if that is supported in the current hosted BT version... ref: <a href="http://developer.android.com/design/style/themes.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://developer.android.com/design/style/themes.html</a> thanks, pdog

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
12/12/13 04:02 AM (10 years ago)
I'm not entirely sure. I know that the 'styles.xml' file they love to talk about will be in your Android projects res/values/ directory, but past that, I haven't really played with it yet. Cheers! -- Smug

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
12/12/13 04:30 AM (10 years ago)
If they are html pages, I would have thought styling css is the technique. Adding CSS has some small differences in a BT app compared to a website, but it is quite do-able. You use the HTML doc plugin to view the html pages in your app and should be able to make the styling work for you. However, if it is android and using BT 3.0, the way the HTML doc plugin works has changed, so I'd confirm if the new behaviour works for you first. @Smugwimp, you kindly sent me your code for your version of the plugin to make it work the 'old' way. I struggled with Eclipse to add to my app and couldn't overcome the warnings it was throwing at me! But I'd really like to make it work.

pdog
buzztouch Evangelist
Kelowna, BC, Ca...
12/13/13 02:09 PM (10 years ago)
This seems complicated. I was googling around and haven't found anything. Even the Android developer site that Google has set up gives lots of tech details but no easy steps to turn on a style except Holo/Holo dark but I don't think that is supported in our version - hard to tell. I was hoping there was some free and premium Android CSS/HTMl themes somewhere I could download or buy (like we have for wordpress themes), and with a few clicks have nice looking html screens in my app.

WebNevees
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 28, 2012
KL
01/11/14 09:28 AM (10 years ago)
Have you tried jQuery Mobile? It's not completely android-ish, but it is definitely mobile-ish and lays the framework for getting all you need css wise and js wise! Try it and let me know if you need anything.

AuthorAl
Lost but trying
Reg: Dec 31, 2013
Glasgow
03/05/14 01:16 PM (10 years ago)
@pdog - did you find anything out further on this matter? I'm interested in html styling using themes...if they exist cheers Al

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
03/05/14 02:06 PM (10 years ago)
I agree @AuthourAl, I think an easy option is to make your screens in html and display them using the custom url plugin. The styling is done with CSS, which is the html equivalent of a theme. Have a look at this for a styling idea http://nativecss.com/docs/tutorials/intro/android

pdog
buzztouch Evangelist
Kelowna, BC, Ca...
03/17/14 01:29 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Al - I ended up using my own style.css for my html screens. I also went with a different app platform as I get very frustrated with trying to use Buzztouch and related plugins for simple html screens linked to each other (question/answer diagnostic app).

kitkatman
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 25, 2012
Lagos
05/29/14 07:19 AM (9 years ago)
Try ratchet it has ios/android styling. goratchet.com

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.