Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 2    Views: 117

JCGTS
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2013
McIntosh
06/18/13 04:17 PM (10 years ago)

screen orientation does not seem to work

Hi all: I am bringing in a web page using the Custom URL plugin in an android app for my boss. No problems except one. I set the screen orientation to allow both portrait and landscape for all devices. However, when the app is installed, it does not go to horizontal when the phone is turned. All other apps and the browser do, but not the app I made. Any ideas? Thanks.

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
06/18/13 04:46 PM (10 years ago)
Yes, it does happen. The best way to change or prevent the rotation is to change it per plugin in the manifest file. Check this post: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=AE0B1A40BCED1E300772DB7

JCGTS
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2013
McIntosh
06/18/13 05:33 PM (10 years ago)
Hi: Thank you. I did as the post said and it did work. However, I was looking to find a way to use the sensor, so when you physically hold the phone vertical, it is portrait and when you hold the phone horizontally, it is landscape. Any ideas? Thanks.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.