mysterysolver
I hate code!
Reg: Feb 11, 2012
newyork
06/07/16 09:47 PM (7 years ago)

Android Studio - Emulator

Hi guys i try in the past to work with android apps without success. Now i try again and i have 2 problems. First question. I have open the emulator make changes on my app on buzztouch and on emulator see the message that the content of my app changed.But no change happens. Also inside my project i dont have a folder for images only for docs and videos. Can i add a folder for images? Thanks in advance Nikos

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/08/16 01:57 AM (7 years ago)
Typically on Android you use the 'drawable' and 'drawable-xxxx' directories for images. the /res/drawable is typically for the 'medium' resolution images. 'drawable-xxxx' is one of several others used for ldpi, mdpi, hdpi, xhdpi, etc... Unlike xcode, these images keep the same name, but live in a different location. With respect to the emulator not updating, when the dialog box asks if you want to refresh, do you? If so, then the changes are implemented. This will be the same json that is in the control panel, so you may want to ensure that the changes you expect to see are actually being changed in the control panel. Watch your logcat... the information there will tell you everything going on. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.