yenael
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 17, 2013
Detroit
11/01/15 07:18 PM (8 years ago)

Android Studio : Left Dependencies Checked, How to Remove

I imported my project into Android studio, not knowing that I had to uncheck the dependencies upon importing. How do I remove the dependencies? I already tried to close the project, change the name of the folder and unzip it again. It still goes past that part now. Can't seem to get back to it. Any help with this?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/01/15 11:13 PM (8 years ago)
Usually the dependancies are listed in the 'build.gradle' file for the application. There are a few 'build.gradle' files, so make sure you find the one for the app. I can't say for 'everyone', but in my Android Studio Environment, with the "project" tab selected (on the left side, kind of vertically) there are two 'parent' categories... a directory with my app name, and a little circle labeled 'gradle scripts'. In *that* I would choose the build.gradle for the 'module'. That said, I'm not sure if that's the problem. I've imported my projects including the dependancies, and although I had issues, 'they' didn't cause them... it was other things that needed configuration as well. What is the actual error you're getting? Cheers! -- Smug

yenael
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 17, 2013
Detroit
11/02/15 02:07 AM (8 years ago)
Error:(20, 1) A problem occurred evaluating root project 'lhmrelease2.0'. > Could not find method compile() for arguments [com.google.android.gms:play-services:8.1.0] on root project 'lhmrelease2.0'.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/02/15 04:22 AM (8 years ago)
In that case, check your dependency entry for Google Play vs your installed google play library. The version numbers need to match, or you can throw in something like: compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:+' And that should basically tell it 'use the one I have'. Does that make a difference? Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.