Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 9    Views: 114

aikashi
I hate code!
Reg: Jul 01, 2013
Ohio
07/04/13 01:51 AM (10 years ago)

Some HTML Pages not loading

Hey! I am using Eclipse ADT Build: v21.0.0-519525. I am working on my first app. I am using "Menu Simple" Plugin and "HTML Doc" Plugin. I have made the HTML Files on my system with the same name as that of HTML doc in the app. Then in HTML doc plugin I added the location as the "filename.html" Eg "How To Use This App.html" without quotes Then I downloaded the Source Code. I extracted it and added the HTML files in Assets/BT_Docs folder and ran it in Eclipse. I changed the API Level to 8 and ran it in the emulator. Now my problem is that some HTML doc open fine but in others I get this error "Something's Not Right Error loading screen? The application had trouble understanding what to display." I am not able to understand what I am doing wrong as I have done the same thing for all the HTML docs then why some of them are opening and some are not. Here's code of one of HTML docs All have same code just content is different. " <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> <title>How To Use This App</title> </head> <body> <p class="MsoNormal"> This App is ideal for you if</p> <ul> <li> You have basic understanding of Law of Torts</li> <li> You need a Quick Cheat-Sheet for revising your concepts</li> <li> You need few cases on a given topic</li> </ul> <p class="MsoNormal"> You may go through the app in chronological order or randomly as per your need. Each topic has been covered using the given outline:</p> <ul> <li> Definition&nbsp;</li> <li> Elements</li> <li> Extra Information</li> <li> Case Law</li> </ul> <p class="MsoNormal"> Hope you like this App!<br /> <br /> Before you begin here's a definition of Tort by Sir John Salmond</p> <p> <title></title></p> <p class="MsoNormal"> "<em>Tort is a civil wrong for which the remedy is common law action for unliquidated damages and which is not exclusively the breach of contract or the breach of trust or other merely equitable obligation.</em>"</p> </body> </html> " PS - I have really slow internet connection hence I asked a friend to download the BT University videos from Youtube hence I have seen the videos just not directly on the website therefore my score is low.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/04/13 02:16 AM (10 years ago)
To ensure compatibility with both the Android and iOS filesystems, you should honor the same naming conventions for both: 1) No spaces in the filenames. 2) No filenames that start with number (2image.png = bad juju) 3) No funky characters that could be system characters (*#@$%^:;"' etcetera) in the filename. 4) If they are specific to your plugin, name them uniquely. For instance, I use the prefix of 'sw' in my images just in case someone else has something named 'home.png'. I think your particular issue is spaces in the filename, but the rest will apply sooner or later. Cheers! -- Smug

aikashi
I hate code!
Ohio
07/04/13 02:53 AM (10 years ago)
I will try that and will let you know but if spacing is an issue then why does How To Use This App.html is working?

aikashi
I hate code!
Ohio
07/04/13 03:08 AM (10 years ago)
I will try that and will let you know but if spacing is an issue then why does How To Use This App.html is working?

aikashi
I hate code!
Ohio
07/04/13 03:30 AM (10 years ago)
Hey! I renamed the file removing spaces without special characters and whatever you said Doc name are now like :- falseimprisonment.html howtousethisapp.html But now none of the docs are opening and I am getting the same error "Something's Not Right Error loading screen? The application had trouble understanding what to display." What shall I do now? I have already changed these name in document location and then added these docs to the assets/BT_Docs folder.

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
07/04/13 06:49 AM (10 years ago)
Make sure you're also using the new names when you reference them in your control panel. It's probably looking for the old filename.

aikashi
I hate code!
Ohio
07/04/13 08:33 AM (10 years ago)
^ Nope I have already fixed that

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
07/04/13 08:36 AM (10 years ago)
May need u to post your bt_config.txt here

aikashi
I hate code!
Ohio
07/04/13 08:51 AM (10 years ago)
I deleted the project form eclipse downloaded the source again from the website and ran it again this time it finally worked :D

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
07/04/13 08:52 AM (10 years ago)
Great!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.