Discussion Forums  >  Crashes, Memory Warnings

Replies: 3    Views: 298

PFTech
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 21, 2014
Brazil
02/24/14 02:30 PM (10 years ago)

2 errors in Android application

Hi! I just made one new Android app but i'm getting 2 errors. Both are in this image: http://imageshack.com/a/img35/730/f8l2.png The first one happens when I click the back button in menu simple. Two or more home buttons appear and the menu content gets duplicated. The second one, as you can see in the image is that the row select image doesn't appear on the right, even configuring and re-downloading the source code. What can be done to fix that? I also would like to know how can I make my app work on Android 2.0+ now that I just can export to 3.0+ Android versions? Sorry for my English. Thank You.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/24/14 07:19 PM (10 years ago)
You might try a different menu, and see if the issue persists. If the issue goes away, then 'Simple Menu' may have an issue. If the issue does not go away, there is a problem in the Android core. I've seen the same problem, but I do not consistantly get it… only a couple of times during testing. I thought it was something I did… Let's find out how to fix it :) Cheers! -- Smug

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
02/24/14 08:48 PM (10 years ago)
Welcome to Buzztouch, @PFTech! That's a pretty strange error! My guess is that it's some sort of weird UI anomaly, and probably not related the code. I can't think of anybody else reporting that on the forums (except for Smug above). With respect to running on Android 2.x devices, you really can't, and you're only missing a small portion of the market by not being able to. The new Buzztouch core file relies on the new Android fragments, and that's not supported in anything below Android 3.0. It's always nice to try and appeal to as many people as you can, but even Android wants people to move off 2.x and preferably into 4.x. In fact, almost 80% of the current market is running 4.x code, so you're missing a super small number of users by not being able to support 2.x. The same sorts of issues exist with iOS, so you're not alone! Again, welcome! Mark

PFTech
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 21, 2014
Brazil
02/26/14 08:05 AM (10 years ago)
Thank you Smug and Mark! I'll be waiting for fixes. For now I apparently solved it by removing the home icon from the menu simple. But the row select images still don't appear. Cheers!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.