Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 11    Views: 508

maverick96
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 22, 2014
Orlando
04/23/15 05:55 PM (8 years ago)

2nd Attempt App Rejection-App & iTunes Store Viewer

Ok, so app was rejected once due to chat plugin not having EULA. Fixed and resubmitted. Got response saying that the App & iTunes Store Viewer plugin is coming up blank when pushed. I was curious if anyone else got a similiar rejection. I did respond and explained that it works on iPhone 6 8.3 and that this plugin works on a device but not in simulator like xcode. Any more suggestions on this? Awaiting a response from Apple but trying to make sure this can be pushed through. Thanks.

chadh0130
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 05, 2011
Rhode Island
04/24/15 07:27 AM (8 years ago)
I've had a similar rejection a while back and I had mentioned to the reviewer that for the screen to work, it requires internet access which can cause a delay for up to 5 seconds -- which is true. If you are sure you have the correct apple ID setup to populate data in the store viewer, then I would make sure to mention that it requires internet access to function.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
04/24/15 12:23 PM (8 years ago)
I once had a rejection when the reviewer claimed email was not working. I asked if they had set up the email app correctly on their device, as I could not think of any other reason why email would not work. I didn't get a reply, but the app was approved an hour later!

maverick96
Lost but trying
Orlando
04/24/15 07:13 PM (8 years ago)
Hmm. This is the response. "Thank you for your response. The review was performed on an iPhone 6 and an iPad Air 2 running iOS 8.3 with Cellular and Wifi internet connections. Both devices displayed the black screen without bouncing to the App Store." Either one of you like try it out to see if you have issues as well?

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
04/25/15 05:59 AM (8 years ago)
Happy to test it for you, no problem. Alan

maverick96
Lost but trying
Orlando
04/25/15 08:35 AM (8 years ago)
Thanks! Can you PM your email address?

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
04/28/15 12:45 AM (8 years ago)
To test your app, my understanding of the theory of how this *should* work is: 1) You send me a testflight invite, which I receive as an email. 2) I click on an embedded link in the email. 3) If I have the testflight app on my iPhone, testflight is fired and manages the download and installation of your test app. Could you try step 1 again?

maverick96
Lost but trying
Orlando
04/28/15 01:33 PM (8 years ago)
I sent you a message Alan. My apologies. I misunderstood the external tester setup on Itunes Connect. Its been approved to invite so I sent you one. Thanks!

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
04/29/15 09:28 AM (8 years ago)
OK, up and running. My first experience of Testflight, you learn something new every day. It is a good way of sharing apps for testing. OK, down to testing. There are four menu items on the home page. First item RSS feed was a bit slow to load first time round (about 5 secs), but seems to work OK. I notice some of the content has &#8217 embedded in the second line, that is I believe an apostrophe, or a quote mark or similar - I have a feed that does that too. I'm guessing this is the RD RSS plugin? Item 2, chat, has me having to look at the agreement every time I go in. That could be because my iPhone browser is set to private and not allowing cookies to be stored, but I thought I should mention it. Item 3, I'm guessing that that when you said " App & iTunes Store Viewer plug-in is coming up blank when pushed", that you are referring to the 'Name that Horror' menu item 3? It works for me. And if Apple allow such direct links, I might use the idea! And menu item 4 - share seems to work OK, looks like you are using the default message. I tested with email, it works. I also did some tests of all the above when in airplane mode and when I did a refresh, I had the error "Missing Plugin: The View Controller for this plugin was not compiled in the Xcode project." But I did discover that if you run without internet access, all the menu items throw up some kind of error message, none go to just a black screen. So as @chadh0130 suggested, could it be related to not having the correct apple ID setup in the testers device?

maverick96
Lost but trying
Orlando
04/29/15 01:09 PM (8 years ago)
Thanks so much for the feedback. Here is a rundown on my thoughts: 1. The loading does take some time in the beginning for the RSS Feed but thats pretty much the plugin unless someone knows how to adjust that. 2. The EULA should only ask to AGREE once but I think since the Main menu button (Chat) is linked to the EULA plugin it still wants to open it each time even when I have it set to only once. Not much I can do with this I'm afraid but minor IMO since its not set as a splash screen. 3. I'm happy the App & iTunes viewer is working for you. I know it takes a minute but like me it seems to be working for you too. So..... The apple item ID is evidently working if you got the App Store page showing up. I doubled checked the number as it shows up in the url for the app. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/name-that-horror!/id971948106?mt=8 Item ID used in plugin: 971948106 Not sure how to go forward with this.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
04/29/15 02:21 PM (8 years ago)
The RSS feed loads slowly the 1st time, second time it is cached. Probably says more about your feed speed than the plugin. How is feed built? I use yahoo pipes and it can be slow. On the App store page issue, It feels like some kind of configuration issue that the Apple tester has that we don't. I don't have that plugin, but I wonder if the problem has anything to do with the user not having a valid app id configured on their device? Maybe there is another way to link to the app store? Alan

maverick96
Lost but trying
Orlando
05/07/15 07:20 AM (8 years ago)
So after explaining how the App Store Viewer has worked my for others, they are still saying it's not working on their end so seems like I'll have to remove it. What's the best way I can still link the button to the App Store? Thanks

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.